Senior IT Business Operations Analyst
Posted Date: May-23-2017
Job ID: 7706
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
The Senior IT Business Operations Analyst contributes to REI’s success by providing timely, convincing, relevant and technically sound analysis and recommendations that will assist IT leadership in evaluating IT organizational performance and support decision making. The Analyst provides this support by performing business, data & financial analysis, data modeling & visualization, management reporting, and leading or participating in special projects. The Senior IT Business Operations Analyst is expected to work independently with members of the IT management team and with cross-divisional partners, representing IT Business Operations as a subject matter expert.
- Drives proactive ad-hoc analysis by identifying what information is needed, where the data can be found and how it should be compiled, analyzed & presented.
- Drives the monthly process for gathering IT HR, financial, portfolio & service metrics and presenting them to the IT management team to ensure ongoing visibility and accountability for organizational health.
- Utilizes data to conduct ongoing benchmarking activities to assess how the REI IT organization compares to similar organizations in spend and a variety of other metrics.
- Responsible for annual budgeting and monthly forecasting for multiple IT cost centers.
- Produces regular IT leadership reporting around headcount and contingent labor.
- Assists IT Finance in developing financial reporting to assist IT management in cost management and decision-making.
- Owns monthly reconciliation, reporting and invoice processing for all cloud computing costs across multiple cloud providers.
- Provides recommendations to IT leadership for opportunities to drive down costs based on financial analysis.
- Develops data and financial models to assist in estimating future spend and trends.
- Utilizes data visualization tools to develop charts and graphs for Quarterly Business Reviews, Divisional Leadership Meetings, Board Meetings and other presentations to help drive meaningful conversations with senior leadership.
- Creates process flows and documentation to support and communicate ongoing Business Operations processes.
- Leads or participates as an analyst in projects as they relate to Business Operations and produces business requirements, process flows and other artifacts as needed.
- Builds strong working relationships with the IT management team and key stakeholders within IT Finance, Procurement and Human Resources.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, IT, Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years of related experience in business/data/financial analysis
- Demonstrated financial acumen, analytical and data processing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems.
- Ability to present analysis and recommendations to senior level management in a clear & concise format.
- Experience supporting IT from a business operations perspective
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Expertise in other Microsoft tools particularly - Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Experience with Tableau or other data analytics and visualization tools (Preferred)
- Experience with Essbase, SAP, and/or equivalent planning and ERP systems (Preferred)
- Advanced analytical skills – ability to gather, synthesize data and summarize at the appropriate level of detail in reports & presentations.
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders and senior management
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels of an organization
- Strong organizational skills; able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer