This job contributes to REI’s success by participating in improving the customer experience on REI’s digital properties by using text, data, graphics, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects, to create motion and interactive elements that enhance the REI user experience. The ideal candidate has a proven ability to to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and engaging. Using strong user-centered design, this role will take complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, fluid, accessible and easy-to-use interactions. This role requires that you collaborate closely with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process—from crafting user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
• Develops, defines and recommends interaction design elements for REI websites and mobile devices
• Works closely with User Experience, Marketing, Development, Program Management and other teams to develop user-centered features and interactions
• Applies user-centered design and motion best-practices to processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Effectively utilize and teach relevant user experience and interaction methods, such as how to apply a corporate design language, design frameworks, problem framing, design principles, and overall design thinking.
• Ensures maintenance of a cohesive customer experience as it evolves by contributing to a user interface style guide and pattern library
• Observes and analyzes website and mobile use and creates positive user experiences based on quantitative and qualitative customer behavior and feedback
• Able to deliver complete UI specifications, wireframes, workflows, and high- and low-fidelity prototypes. Can provide motion cues and direction to developers and oversee implementation
• Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals, and product specifications and negotiate options at management levels.
• Provides innovative, customer centric, information, motion and interaction design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience