Reporting to the Director of Supply Operations, the Senior Manager Supply Planning contributes to REI’s success by optimizing the performance of the supply network through forecasting, capacity management, finished goods planning, and order management. Successful leadership requires the ability to establish a robust supply planning function leveraging product lifecycles, market opportunities, and demand to develop relevant supply models and strategies that unlock the benefits of being a vertical retailer.
Forecasting and Supply Planning
• Evolve the supply planning function by building leading processes, systems, and tools while supporting the business in parallel.
• Lead a team responsible for optimizing the supply chain considering customer requirements, supplier capabilities, and in response to demand.
• Collaborate across functions to solve planning related issues, identify, and mitigate any potential delivery issues.
• Develop relationships with demand planning in order to understand demand changes, outlining possible consequences, and seeking to improve the quality of the forecasts.
• Partner with Merchandising Planning to establish a buy process and cadence to proactively control inventory flow and product availability.
• Drive supply scenarios which leverage the advantages of a vertical retailer to support changing market conditions. Optimize capacity and order flow, reduce inventory exposure, increase full price sales and minimize missed opportunities through speed, responsiveness, and cost optimization.
• Champion and incorporate new processes such as Integrated Business Planning or Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) to tighten cross functional awareness and alignment of progress against the business objectives and strategy.
• Lead team to develop purchasing plans that best support sales strategies and inventory targets.
• Work in coordination with Sourcing to resolve purchase order problems to optimize on-time delivery.
• Manage material risk and liabilities to reduce overall impact to business.