This role contributes to REI’s success by providing support for marketing planning, execution, reporting, and analysis for both REI's CRM based data and customer acquisition programs to achieve REI’s brand and business objectives. Working within the strategic objectives of marketing programs and partnering with the Senior Statistical Analyst to determine and select target audiences, or personalization strategies for marketing programs. Working with marketing leadership, this position is responsible for identifying and delivering reporting, analytical, and forecasting needs related to marketing programs and campaigns.
This position also conducts specific analytics related to customer purchasing, lifecycle, and engagement behavior. As a member of the marketing analytics team, this position will be responsible for contributing to an environment of fact-based decision making, utilizing REI’s extensive supply of customer, campaign, site, and marketing channel data. This combination of sophisticated analytics with key reporting enables the Senior Marketing Analyst to contribute to the bottom line success of REI as a co-op.
• Oversee all direct mail marketing related activities for both the REI's CRM information and customer acquisition programs from start to finish.
• Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate reporting of marketing campaigns, including creation of detailed technical specifications containing relevant information such as versioning, testing, and back-end instructions.
• Partner with Senior Statistical Analyst on the front and back end of the promotional processes to make fact based decisions on marketing programs to increase profitability, retention, and engagement.
• Work closely with Senior Statistical Analyst to give input on personalized marketing model development and improving model performance.
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of campaign performance to workgroup and cross-divisional teams.
• Perform ad-hoc analytics related to customer purchasing, engagement, and lifecycle behavior as needed.
• Act as subject matter expert on REI’s data warehouse. Perform system and data testing as necessary.
• Identify strategic opportunities to maximize returns in pursuit of REI’s financial and brand goals
• Utilize SQL and other enterprise tools to execute customer segmentation strategies aimed at increasing customer acquisition, retention, and reactivation as well as report and analyze campaign performance
• Provide analytics support for forecasting business trends and guidance on risks to plans