Senior Print Designer
Posted Date: Sep-29-2017
Job ID: 8588
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
What's cool about this job
The Senior Print Designer is responsible for the creation of compelling textile print and pattern designs for collections that are inspired, on-trend, meaningful and brand right.
You will design exclusive prints and patterns, render and reproduce existing artwork and create production-ready artwork. This includes research of trend at macro, industry and competitive levels, combined with knowledge gained from consumer insights to inform the design process.
You will also be responsible for the creation of seasonal print themes that will set the tone for the season! The Senior Print Designer will mentor and manage the growth of their team, ensure balanced workload and oversee freelance and contract design work. You will create a print point of view and reach creative solutions for seasonal print needs. You will collaborate with partners across the division including color design and development, materials and design to ensure design vision and intent is delivered to REI’s members. Above all, you will act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
- PLEASE INCLUDE a link to your portfolio with your application. This is required to be considered
- You must have experience with textiles
- 5+ years prior experience in Print Design with a degree in Print Design, related degree and relevant industry experience may be considered
- Proven ability to tell compelling stories and guide product direction through the use of print/pattern
- Skills to lead design thinking with prolific and proficient ideation process
- Strong team/people leadership practices through: establishing an environment of creativity, design excellence, teamwork, motivation, accountability and drive for successful outcomes
- Excellent organizational & follow-up skills through verbal & written communication.
- Working knowledge of print design and production
- Demonstrated behavior to be curious, challenge the status quo, and create continuous design advancement for product and the team overall
- Ability to gather, express, and apply market trends to guide print direction
- Compelling presentation skills across visual, written, and verbal forms to express design thought
- Proven ability to plan and meet deadlines within a product development calendar
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve positive results
- Computer proficiency: Adobe Design Standard, Ned Graphics and all office tools
- Domestic and international travel required
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best. Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
Why you'll love it here
We are a team of creative, passionate people who love the outdoors. We bring our love of the outdoors into our daily work to create amazing products and brand experiences exclusively for REI’s customers.
We’re passionate about delivering compelling, meaningful products in the market. Whether it’s heading out for a weekend of backpacking, a long bike ride or just a walk in the rain. We are guided by our values of authenticity, quality, services, respect, integrity, and balance. By joining the REI Private Brands team, you have the opportunity to make a difference, be challenged to create excellence and enrich our creative community.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer