Senior Project Manager, Marketing Operations Process Improvement
Posted Date: Feb-16-2017
Job ID: 6632
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading teams through complex problem-solving and cross-divisional business improvement initiatives. This position combines process improvement and project management discipline to build the capabilities and capacity of the Marketing and Creative teams. Through partnership with Marketing, Creative and cross-divisional teams, champions the use of Lean Six Sigma methodologies and tools and works collaboratively identify opportunities for process improvement, assist with planning/prioritization, and coach and mentor individuals. The role leads specified projects with minimal guidance. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
The Senior Project Manager, Marketing Operations
Process Improvement reports to the DVP, Brand Lab/Creative Shared Services.
Candidates should exhibit competence in process improvement, project management,
group facilitation, problem-solving, and multi-stakeholder communications. This
position should hold prior work experience in these areas with a focus on
Marketing and Creative processes, as well as Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
certification or equivalent.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Initiates, plans, manages and closes large cross-divisional projects utilizing Lean Six Sigma and project management approaches
- Plans the project in detail; develops schedules and budgets, estimates resources and time required to complete the project
- Leads project teams through problem definition, structured problem-solving, implementation planning, and change management
- Facilitates diverse stakeholders through complex problem-solving, including establishing and measuring current conditions, process mapping, documenting desired results, assessing gaps, and analyzing root causes
- Analyzes data and workflow to identify areas of opportunities and possible solutions.
- Facilitates decision-making sessions to develop and formalize process, policy and procedure improvements
- Supports process owners in developing and rolling out new processes and procedures
- Communicates and markets change recommendations to appropriate stakeholders
- Manages the progress of each project; communicates the project status to management and stakeholders (including executive leadership) on a regular basis
- Ensures that overall project documentation is completed, including charter, customer requirements, process maps, new standards/policies, and project status
- Supports timely and effective project delivery through management of project action items, issues and decisions, risks, meeting schedules, and deadlines
- Develops and maintains mechanisms to track project status of enterprise project portfolio
- Advises other divisions/teams as directed: Guide teams through project structuring, problem definition, issue identification and resolution development
- Tracks, quantifies, and communicates project results in partnership with Finance
- Markets and communicates the benefits of the Lean mindset and process improvement methodologies
- Stays up to date in the application of process improvement tools and techniques, and networks with other organizations for shared learnings
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience in a business operations setting
- 3+ years’ experience in a project management or process improvement role with focus in Marketing/Creative
- Certification in Lean and/or Six Sigma (Black Belt required)
- Advanced skills in Microsoft (MS) Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Advanced skills in problem-solving, project management, facilitation, and change management
- Certification in project management methodologies (e.g. PMP)
- Retail industry or management consulting experience
- Intermediate skills and experience in data analytics, business statistics, and statistical software
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
A competitive bonus/ incentive program
REI Retirement Plan
Generous gear and merchandise discount
Paid time off
Professional growth and development opportunities
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer