Senior Retail Asset Protection Specialist
Posted Date: Mar-17-2017
Job ID: 4393
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Asset Protection
State: District of Columbia
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by
mitigating and reducing shrink (including theft and fraud by customers and
employees) and increasing physical security for people and products in a
specified retail store. Among the
activities the incumbent performs are: (i) conducting Asset Protection
training of store management and staff; (ii) conducting investigations
when theft or fraud by customers or employees is suspected; and (iii) in
consultation with the HQ Asset Protection department, making recommendations or
taking action to address shrink and physical security. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s
guiding values and mission
The Senior Asset Protections Specialist contributes to REI’s success by mitigating and reducing shrink (including theft and fraud by customers and employees) and increasing physical security for people and products in a specified retail store. Among the activities the incumbent performs are: (i) conducting Asset Protection training of store management and staff; (ii) conducting investigations when theft or fraud by customers or employees is suspected; and (iii) in consultation with the HQ Asset Protection department, making recommendations or taking action to address shrink and physical security. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
* Develops and compiles documentation related to investigations into a variety of risk or loss situations within the retail store.
* Coordinates law enforcement activity and compiles case files for prosecuting attorneys; works closely with law enforcement and prosecuting attorneys monitoring progress and providing additional information and data in support of law enforcement investigations and cases.
* When requested by HQ Asset Protection or the Legal Department, represents REI in court.
* Monitors and assesses physical security of home retail store and works with HQ Asset Protection on any issues of security.
* Administers Asset Protection training program for home store to build Asset Protection capacity and expertise among store management and staff.
* Adheres to REI’s and HQ Asset Protection’s policies and procedures and ensures that such policies and procedures are implemented throughout the store.
* Collaborates with HQ Asset Protection and the store managers to establish and deepen the understanding and support of in-store Asset Protection activities.
* Participates in periodic training and subject matter updates provided by HQ Asset Protection.
Bring your passion and expertise
* Minimum of 3 years of loss prevention, asset protection, fraud research and security experience, including CCTV usage, in a retail store setting with a national brand (or equivalent experience) preferred
* Knowledge of local laws on theft, shoplifting and apprehension (preferred)
* Demonstrated ability to effectively convey knowledge, information, and skills to others through in-person and virtual sessions
* Experience with PC applications, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
* Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to deliver results independently and as a team member
* Demonstrated ability to apply effective analytical and critical thinking skills, and to prioritize and manage multiple projects
* Strong interpersonal and writing skills; ability to interact well and build rapport with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization
* Ability to initiate better work methods and procedures
* Demonstrated capacity to exercise prudent judgment after assessing situational circumstances
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer