Senior Security Shared Services Manager
Posted Date: Sep-28-2017
Job ID: 8986
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Security Shared Services Manager, you’ll report directly into the Director of Security Engineering and Risk Management. This role manages pivotal horizontal security services across the Co-Op, orchestrating security best practices while delivering on and executing against complex, large-scale enterprise strategies.
This is a hands on, roll up your sleeves management position, and the Senior Manager will need to have domain knowledge in one or more of the security discipline areas. The right candidate will have skills that show case their ability to pull in different points of view, and be able to navigate technical requirements across a multi-tiered complex business areas with potential competing landing spots. The right candidate will have a proven track record to hire, manage and grow a high performing, collaborative Security Engineering team.
If you enjoy being truly innovative in your approach, have the ability to manage in a “green field” environment and excel in identifying opportunities to develop the business, then we want to talk to you.
- Manage the Threat Intelligence, Governance, Incident Response, Disaster Recovery, attack and penetration aspects of the of Security Engineering and Risk Management team
- Grow the team to be able to proactively run services, create strategies, while providing an agile and iterative deployment and technology framework
- Drive work across the Security horizontal pillar, working with the lines of business to ensure a cohesive end to end strategy
- Define and lead programs that support and align with a cloud based online service strategy and engineering requirements for evolving information security services, mechanisms, and safeguards
- Review, define, integrate and consolidate tool sets to ensure and improve effectiveness and efficiencies
- Communicate threat and vulnerability observations clearly to leaders and subject matter experts.
- Developing metrics that demonstrate current risk state, indicators of progress, and business alignment for those activities.
- Work in active partnership with development teams during operational security reviews providing leadership and security design guidance.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years’ professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in cloud-based or online services Compliance related activity
- 10+ years’ experience in Program Management, creating a security framework, SIRRP process and forensic handling methods
- 8+ years’ experience creating a reusable security framework working with Corporate security and broader corporate programs
- Has worked or been part of an online service compliance team for more than 10+ years and has completed more than 2 annual audit cycles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; can effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
- Able to drive multiple parallel projects in different phases at the same time, and has been involved in at least 3 Cloud-based/online services scale projects
- 6+ years’ experience in design, and architecting an Active Directory paradigm and ecosystem, including supporting tools
- 5+ or more years’ experience in working on large-scale online cloud based services.
- Has built out a Security framework that follows industry best practices, with 5+ years of experience with NIST, ISO and COBIT. To be able to leverage these while creating integration at the LOB level
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer