Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
Posted Date: Mar-15-2017
Job ID: 6465
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
Senior Front End Developers at REI contribute to the Co-op’s success by developing new features and functionality for our digital touch points. Senior FED’s are experienced in transforming the vision of REI’s Interaction Designers, Information Architects, and various Software Engineers into interactive features that deliver exceptional experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Front End Developer you will be accountable for many parts of our digital ecosystem. This includes new site enhancements, application development, mobile web development, coding for accessibility, search engine optimization, performance optimization, pattern library development and incident response. Additionally, you will help to drive our development culture and mentor other engineers where needed.
Bring your passion and expertise
If you have the following and would like to contribute to our team, we'd like to hear from you.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform design and testing experience.
- Experience working with web content management systems.
- Knowledge of backend systems like Java, JSP, and JSTL are beneficial
- Proficiency with AJAX, API integration and RESTful services.
- Experience creating and implementing APIs.
- Experience integrating tracking and other analytics tags.Proficiency in gathering requirements from vendors and internal teams.
- Experience working on large websites, with many interconnected systems.
- Experience working in an e-commerce retail environment preferred
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement and the ability to diagnose and resolve site issues quickly. This responsibility is spread across the team and would amount to be about 1 week per 1.5 quarters.
- Four-year degree in related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
Why you'll love it here
Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer