Senior Software Tools Engineer
Posted Date: Sep-27-2017
Job ID: 8867
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Software Tools Engineer, you’ll work closely with the business community, Security Architect and other Security Engineers doing an inventory of current tool sets, identifying gaps in automation in critical security areas and opportunities to consolidate tools currently in use.
You’ll be focused on reducing complexity in the environment, building machine learning heuristics, and adding efficiencies while reducing time to mitigation through automation. The Senior Software Tools Engineer will ideally have a strong development background, has been in an automation exercise from the ground up and has worked in a large distributed complex computing environment.
If you enjoy being truly innovative in your approach, have the ability to create a landscape of end to end automated integration, while working hard to assess current state, this role is for you.
- Assess current state of tools, automation, redundancy and integration.
- Integrating Tools automation, Machine learning and intelligence into the tool sets
- Assists in the creation of scalable automated infrastructure workflows, procedures, and architecture
- Evaluate third party tools against building our own or augmenting with off the shelf products
- Present findings, strategies, and be able to communicate with executive management.
- Actively engages REI development teams and builds relationships with key contributors/communicators to effectively execute the Application Security Program goals.
- Work on improvements for provided security services, including the continuous enhancement of existing methodology material and supporting assets
- Assists in the refinement of the application penetration testing framework, including deliverables, custom script development, testing methods and techniques, and ongoing research
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10+ years working as development Lead managing highly scalable, complex distributed programs
- 7+ years’ professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
- 10+ years’ experience in cloud-based tools migration and build outs
- Has developed tools for on prem to Cloud migration and has a proven track record of documentation and operational management of tools deployed
- 7+ years’ experience in design and rollout of Blue-Red team table top exercises in an Enterprise distributed computing environment
- 6+ years’ experience creating a reusable security framework working with corporate security and broader corporate programs
- Has built tools to reduce time to mitigation and time to resolution
- Able to form working relationships and drive alignment with diverse stakeholders.
- Able to drive multiple parallel projects in different phases at the same time, and has been involved in at least 3 Cloud-based/online services scale projects
- Experience and understanding of cyber security in one or more of the following disciplines: network engineering, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, public key infrastructure, web applications.
- Certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: CISSP, networking, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Information Security.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer