Senior Supply Operations Analyst
Posted Date: Apr-12-2017
Job ID: 7017
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
What's cool about this job
position contributes to REI’s success by optimizing Private Brands’
replenishment strategy, supply plan accuracy, data accuracy, and precise
execution to drive flexibility and speed to market across the REI brand
role is accountable for maximizing style size/color order flexibility to
positively impact full price sell through. Key metrics this role will manage
include: on time shipping, PO fill rate,
supply plan forecast accuracy, and in-season PO lead time.
Sr. Supply Operations Analyst is central to the execution of REI Private Brands’
replenishment. This position ensures optimal inventory levels are on hand at
the vendor through development and maintenance of strategic system parameters
and tools. The Sr. Supply Operations Analyst will help identify, quantify, and
communicate forecast change risks and opportunities to internal and external
stakeholders. Additionally, the position will assist in optimizing Private
Brands’ forecasting, modeling, and reporting capabilities. Prioritizing work and
establishing consistent processes for cross-divisional and external partners is
critical to the success of this role.
Leading the Way
- Model leadership amongst peers and
cross functional teams
- Drive the implementation of company
and division programs, procedures, methods and best practices to promote
REI key messages.
- Create and lead training and
development across teams and divisions
- Lead and inspire others to maximize
Strategy and Goals
- Utilize a collaborative approach with Product and
Planning teams to obtain and ensure current, accurate information
- Summarize and present seasonal analysis to
cross-functional teams and external partners
- Develop supply planning models which support
sales and inventory goals
In Season Management
- Utilize multiple data sources, or create new
data sources, to provide insights into performance and the impacts to REI’s on
hand inventory and product planning
- Identify and recommend performance
- Analyze and act upon product trends and
- Coordinate vendor Work-in-Process information
with anticipated business trends
- Work proactively with Product Strategy, Operations,
and Merchandising to anticipate and plan for shifts in Private Brands’ style
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities
to reconcile significant forecast to order variances and refine the forecast
model for improved future results
Management and Planning
- Collaboration with team to align and clearly
communicate strategy and direction
- Provide style/color level insight and
anticipated volume direction to cross divisional partners
- Monitor and communicate timeline deviations to
support production start dates
- Maintain Enovia and established systems of
- Create and manage replenishment and testing
models, identify appropriate styles for inclusion
Bring your passion and expertise
- 6+ years sourcing related experience.
- Understanding of the product development sampling and manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of soft/hard goods construction.
- Experience with product inventory analysis, acquisition, allocation and management for multiple stores and direct sales.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising trend analysis: industry, product, regional, seasonal, fashion, technical.
- Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy.
- Strong analysis skills: ability to recognize trends and execute adjustments with internal and external partners, capitalizing on both strategic and tactical opportunities.
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel formula
and VBA coding, and aptitude for mastering proprietary systems. I.E. Enovia,
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Why you'll love it here
We are a team of creative, passionate people who love the outdoors. We bring our love of the outdoors into our daily work to create amazing products and brand experiences exclusively for REI’s customers.
We’re passionate about delivering compelling, meaningful products in the market. Whether it’s heading out for a weekend of backpacking, a long bike ride or just a walk in the rain. We are guided by our values of authenticity, quality, services, respect, integrity and balance. By joining the REI Private Brands team, you have the opportunity to make a difference, be challenged to create excellence and enrich our creative community.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer