Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud
Posted Date: Jul- 1-2016
Job ID: 4494
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. Come design, build and support the next generation Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure services that will power our REI’s IT systems.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Cloud Engineer who can help design, develop and implement next generation services, automation and processes supporting REI’s Hybrid-cloud Infrastructure. You will get to work on a variety of projects with varying levels of complexity including: Amazon AWS IaaS integration, Microsoft Azure PaaS, SaaS, IaaS design/setup, automation/orchestration across the REI Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure. You'll collaborate in a team oriented dynamic environment with other REI IT Engineers, Architects, and Application Developers to ensure solutions understand and support all requirements. You will have support to grow your skills and explore new technologies as we continually evolve our people, process and technologies.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years IT Engineering experience in a Linux and/or Windows Server environment
- 3+ years engineering and implementing Amazon Web Services (VPCs) and/or Microsoft Azure infrastructure and topologies
- Experience with one or more of the following coding or scripting languages: Shell, Ruby/JRuby, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Java, Go, Bash
- Experience working with one or more of the following Infrastructure automation tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Jenkins, GIT, Puppet, Ansible, vRealize Cloud suite
- Solid understanding of Linux core fundamentals, command-line operations, and service monitoring.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies including routing, load balancing, and DNS
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 support requirement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer