Senior Threat Intelligence Engineer
Posted Date: Sep-27-2017
Job ID: 8865
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Threat Intelligence Engineer, you’ll be a Red Team member working through deep intelligence exercises such as capture the flag to enumerate security gaps and business logic breakdown. You’ll work closely with the Blue team to understand threat vectors, security vulnerability and assess breach responsiveness.
If you enjoy bringing visibility to vulnerable areas in both infrastructure and application security through table top exercises and working with the developers, this is the perfect role for you. You’ll work closely with the business analytics teams assessing new design, strategic architecture while building threat models and data flow diagrams. You’ll also understand how to evolve and evade counter measures, utilizing your knowledge in network and architectural dependencies and frameworks.
- Utilizes tactics employed by cyber threat actors to proactively assess our ability to detect, react, and adapt to attacks.
- Assists in the creation of workflows, procedures, and software development lifecycle integration points to insure that all REI developed code is accurately tested for security defects and continuously enhanced.
- Documents and tracks defects from discovery to remediation.
- Assists in the deployment of technology solutions that integrate with REI SDLC methodologies enabling development teams to discover and resolve security defects.
- Develops testing methods and measurement techniques specifically tailored to REI's commerce systems.
- Utilizes internal and external threat, indicator of compromise, and vulnerability data to iteratively adjust program methods, tools, and focus.
- Actively engages REI development teams and builds relationships with key contributors/communicators to effectively execute the Application Security Program goals.
- Assists in the refinement of the application penetration testing framework, including deliverables, custom script development, testing methods and techniques, and ongoing research
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years’ professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in cloud-based or online services Compliance related activity
- 7+ years’ experience in design and rollout of Blue-Red team table top exercises in an Enterprise distributed computing environment
- 6+ years’ experience creating a reusable security framework working with Corporate security and broader corporate programs
- Has worked or been part of an online service compliance team for more than 5+ years and has completed more than 2 annual audit cycles.
- Able to form working relationships and drive alignment with diverse stakeholders.
- Able to drive multiple parallel projects in different phases at the same time, and has been involved in at least 3 Cloud-based/online services scale projects
- 8+ years’ experience in design, and architecting an Active Directory paradigm and ecosystem, including supporting tools
- 5+ or more years’ experience in working on large-scale online cloud based services.
- Experience and understanding of cyber security in one or more of the following disciplines: network engineering, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, public key infrastructure, web applications.
- Preferred to have certifications in one or more of the following disciplines preferred: CISSP, networking, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Information Security.
- Familiarity with MOF or ITIL preferred.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer