Senior Treasury Analyst
Posted Date: Sep-28-2017
Job ID: 8963
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
This Senior Treasury Analyst contributes to REI’s success by playing a lead role in managing and executing Finance department and cross-divisional projects, providing technical and financial subject matter expertise on new or existing Treasury products and services including those related to bankcard and payment acceptance, and by assisting the Sr. Manager, Treasury and Treasury Manager on various issues in support of REI’s goals. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Assist in the development of payment acceptance strategies & roadmaps for cross-divisional business partners,
- Develop, support and advocate for creation of business cases for payment-related opportunities
- Develop and utilize analytical tools to assist in robust expense analysis related to merchant processing fees and other payment acceptance costs
- Advise on & assist with implementation of strategies, policies & procedures to control & reduce payment acceptance costs
- Provide guidance to business and technical teams to ensure compliance with payment brand & merchant processor rules & regulations
- Assist cross-divisional teams with implementation of payment processes, including liaison with merchant processor
- Assist cross-divisional teams to resolve payment acceptance processing issues
- Develop and maintain strong networking relationships within the merchant, payments and Treasury communities
- Manage projects related to Treasury operations, including new cash management products & services
- Support management of REI’s investment portfolio with research and analysis of investment products and services, and development & monitoring of investment reports
- Support compliance for REI’s credit facilities
- Act as internal consultant for the Coop for Treasury products & services
- Support daily cash management operations as backup for Treasury Analyst II
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years of related experience in Accounting/Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or similar
- Certified Treasury Professional CTP (Preferred)
- MBA or similar certification (Preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems.
- Ability to present analysis and recommendations to senior level management in a clear & concise format.
- Proven ability to effectively handle multiple tasks & meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to be self-directed, work independently without much supervision and as an effective team leader.
- Demonstrated project management skills exercising sound judgment while displaying initiative and innovation on the job.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced PC experience working with Windows, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAP, and/or equivalent ERP systems. (Preferred)
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer