Senior Visual Merchandiser, Apparel
Posted Date: Aug-14-2017
Job ID: 8524
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Visual Merchandising
What's cool about this job
Our Senior Visual Merchandiser position contributes to REI’s success by developing and executing visual merchandising design concepts, solutions and implementation plans for products and programs for retail stores. This role is responsible for supporting the development of visual merchandising strategies, tactics, processes, and practice that meet REI’s corporate brand and sales goals. Additional responsibilities include planning, creating, and developing consistent merchandise presentation direction and communication. This job will lead projects, and may act as a mentor for Visual Merchandiser II and I teammates.
- Develops and translates REI’s brand messages into the REI store experience while maintaining visual product presentation standards
- Ensures all aspects of REI visual merchandising standards are consistent with REI brand and its values * Provides direction, guidance, and develops strong cross-divisional partnerships to meet expected deadlines and achieve department, company and customer results
- Provides direction and guidance to internal and external consultants /vendors in order to deliver on department and company objectives
- Leads department projects and programs that meet stated business objectives, promotes Company identity and enhances the REI experience for the consumer
- Leads efforts to provide sundown report on all projects
- Leads visual partnership with Category Merchant Managers by providing direction for category specific visual merchandising execution based on annual strategy and/or approved category specific projects
- Develops and updates REI's Visual Merchandising Standards based on approved strategy
- Maintains the project schedules and timelines associated with the annual calendar and or related projects
- Develops content for Visual Merchandising seminars for field sales/store managers, providing an overview of REI's Visual Standards and Best Practices
- Partners with internal functional teams to implements visual strategies and requirements for fixtures, and space planning related to visual merchandising, product merchandising, and overall store visual presentation
- Provides visibility for upcoming space planning requirements for products based on store capacity, fixture capacity and product assortments Reviews all visual program content information and accountable for the timely delivery of content to the visual communications team for production and distribution of the visual communications tools intended for in-store implementation of the visual, marketing and merchandising programs Responds to field inquiries regarding visual program communications in an agreed upon specified time frame
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years proven experience with visual merchandising and display in a retail store environment. 5+ years proven visual merchandising or display experience at corporate level and/or in a high-end retail multi-store environment preferred
- Proven ability to incorporate current fashion and styling market trends
- Proven ability to balance creative merchandising with business acumen
- Experience with space planning as it relates to visual merchandising
- Project management skills including measurement, reporting and financial analysis
Why you'll love it here
Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer