Come join our IT Operations team as the Service Operations Manager. If you have a passion for helping people resolve issues and driving to root cause, this is the job for you! This position manages the Information Technology (IT) Service Desk, Production Control and Command Center. The ideal candidate will manage the first and second level support to internal computer, network and Internet users in the resolution of hardware, software, network and telecommunications problems. Always supporting a continuous improvement culture, the ideal candidate will drive root cause analysis follow-up, as well as trending of incidents.
As a Service Operations Manager at REI you will be responsible to:
• Manages service desk staff to identify, prioritize and resolve problems with information technology products and services in a timely manner. Ensures that all phases of service desk support are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and that Requests for Service are resolved appropriately or escalated for resolution to third-level support staff.
• Leads and coordinates major incident management; ensuring all steps during a production issue are being executed and addressed.
• Drives improvements into production operations and ensures program runs as an industry best practice.
• Responsible for improving service monitoring and alerts, and striving to deliver industry best practice.
• Coordinates with offshore staff.
• Coordinates with outside vendors and internal resources to install or implement solutions.
• Keeps abreast of technology changes and innovations in the information technology field, especially as it applies to System Operations
• Prepares budget recommendations for staffing needs, costs of equipment and tools, maintenance, and future projects.
• Performs basic line supervision, including hiring, firing, conducting performance reviews, setting performance goals, promotions, salary increases, developing subordinates, and managing performance and discipline.