Software Development Engineer in Test
Posted Date: Oct- 6-2016
Job ID: 5490
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
The Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) contributes to REI’s success by automating everything in the development stack including the user interface, services, build sequencing, deployments and reporting. The SDET is experienced in delivering automated tests with high quality, excellent coverage and increasing reliability. You'll be accountable for developing reliable test frameworks, automating test cases of applications and services, validating data updates, executing automation on a regular basis and reporting results to stakeholders.
Bring your passion and expertise
You’ll put your experience, expertise and creativity to work in a growing part of the coop. You’ll get to partner with developers and other SDETs to improve on existing frameworks or develop new test frameworks as directed by the area test lead.
- 3+ years’ experience coding applications in Java or C#
- 3+ years’ experience testing Windows applications or Web services
- Experience querying data using tools for database systems like SQL or Oracle
- Experience with test tools such as HP WinRunner, Selenium, MSTest, Quality Center, AutoIt or SilkTest
- Experience writing test plans and implementing test automation for retail systems.
- Understands and contributes to processes for continuous integration, object model, test management and reporting for automated tests.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines and keeping others informed
- Four-year degree in related field
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer