Software Manager, Marketing Systems
Posted Date: Feb-10-2017
Job ID: 6400
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. REI is poised for growth and Marketing and Digital systems are at the center of our transformation.
Are you someone with strong Tech Manager skills with a passion for delivering strategic technical solutions in support of REI co-op goals to enable Marketing business functions? Be a critical part of REI’s technical team to own and drive IT decisions that result in growing our brand and improve our connection with our members and customers!
Bring your passion and expertise
- Proven experience implementing retail Marketing systems solutions including CRM, Loyalty, Membership, Campaigns and related customer marketing data
- 5+ years experience in concurrently leading multiple project teams in planning, organizing and directing software development projects, includes leading teams in business requirements, systems analysis, software engineering and managing related budgets
- 5+ years management experience in coaching and developing resources in the information technology field, includes project managers, architects, business analysts and software engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
- Experience in forming Marketing technology portfolio book of annual work in partnership with Marketing business teams and across IT teams
- Ability to partner with architecture resources to build out technical Marketing road maps with focus on innovation and growth in alignment with REI’s tech stack
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors and service providers in the information technology business
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with business partners to ensure business priorities and technology solutions are understood, aligned and map to REI co-op and Marketing strategy.
- Current knowledge of changing technology landscape with emphasis in Marketing technology space
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer