Solutions Architect - Merchandising Systems
Posted Date: Sep-14-2016
Job ID: 5130
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
What's cool about this job
REI is growing, and our Merchandising and Private Brands technology area is at the center of that transformation. You can become a critical part of REI’s Technology team as you own and drive our Merchant solutions strategy which will drive business innovation, and enable delivery of the product assortment that will delight our members. As a Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible for the designs that realize the business strategy for our allocation and replenishment solutions. While working in an agile environment, you’ll collaborate with software engineers, business partners, enterprise architects and leadership. This is a critical merchandising role that ensures our stores are stocked with the products our members and customers want.
- For divisional area of accountability, responsible for maintaining the quality of the solution and assuring that the solution meets the owner requirements.
- Lead, design, and document the solution architecture required to support project deliverables.
- Document non-functional technical requirements (deployment, performance, recoverability, release management, capacity, monitoring).
- Determines and documents the architectural decisions that constrain the design and implementation of a solution, such as selection of technology, design and delivery methodology, and programming language.
- Provide direction to the technical team during the development and delivery of the solution.
- Ensure the solution fits with the enterprise architecture principles and guidelines.
- Partners with Project Manager (PM) and Business Analyst (BA) in identifying project issues and risks, establishing contingency plans, and identifying triggering events for mitigating action.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
- 5+ years systems architecture experience with large-scale, mission-critical enterprise systems, ideally in the merchandising space.
- Strong technical skills implementing merchandising systems, such as Oracle, SAP, TXT, in the cloud.
- Current knowledge and experience of industry trends and technology advancements in merchandising systems.
- Familiarity with on premise, cloud and hybrid deployment models.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer