Sr. User Experience Designer
Posted Date: May-18-2017
Job ID: 7614
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing research and analyses of eCommerce user experience metrics and customer insights to measure success of online features, interactions, and experiences. This position will be responsible for determining user experience success measures and helping REI build a discipline around customer centered data driven decisions. The ideal candidate will use quantitative and qualitative information to assist with identifying opportunities for enhancements and features to improve the user experience and providing actionable information to evaluate business decisions and implement improvements.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Develop a new user experience analysis function and discipline within REI to ensure an enhanced customer experience via data-driven decisions.
- Provide thought leadership on success measures and methodologies for the online customer experience, and apply customer insights from a variety of sources to optimize and innovate from a customer-centered perspective.
- Create appropriate KPIs that drive the measurement of the user experience program and provide actionable tasks for improvement; write the business requirements for user experience measurement strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-divisional teams through the building and execution phase of conducting customer research and developing customer insights; providing interpretation, evaluation and application of results.
- Act as a coach and mentor to cross-functional team members. Share expertise and knowledge with team in to help in the creation of fact driven recommendations and decisions.
- Analyze customer feedback information from a number of multiple sources including customer surveys, call center feedback, front line employee information.
- Perform analysis of user experience qualitative and quantitative information to develop customer insights that are presented to strategic decision makers.
- Participate in identifying customer behavior and attitudinal patterns through tools like surveys, click stream and log analysis, usability studies, task analysis, field observation.
- Incorporate research and analytics from market research, click stream analysis, surveys, or other analysis from cross divisional partners
- Partner to develop and execute customer level research and insights related to eCommerce interaction activity and engagement.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer