Posted Date: Feb- 8-2017
Job ID: 6439
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by reviewing, balancing, and posting corporate financial data to the general ledger in an accurate and timely manner. General responsibilities include: Perform month-end closing activities and account reconciliations, preparing monthly standard journal entries, cross divisional collaboration to research general accounting questions, maintaining balance sheet schedules, analyzing general ledger account balances to determine accuracy and completeness of entries, report generation and review, data organization and management, and researching and posting account corrections in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal account definitions. This position must have an excellent understanding of the technical and financial implications of the associated processes and can identify and resolve problems independently. Organization, attention to detail, and communication are critical to the success of this role. The ideal candidate will initiate, develop, and implement process improvements as well as model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Reviews, balances, and posts corporate financial data from multiple systems into the general ledger.
- Performs month-end closing activities and account reconciliations.
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts; identifies and resolves discrepant items.
- Works cross-divisionally to research questions about financial information and posts correcting entries in accordance with GAAP and internal account definitions.
- Processes internal orders for business partners.
- Prepares supporting documentation for balance sheet accounts as well as journal entries.
- Identifies issues and brings inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management. Participates in developing and implementing solutions.
- Generates custom and ad hoc reports as requested by management.
- Oversees the organization and management of data retention.
- Serves as backup support to other team members.
- Maintains awareness of all activities and issues that could impact daily operations and service levels.
- Participates in ad hoc projects and assignments as needed.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer