Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Store Design/Real Estate
Posted Date: May-15-2017
Job ID: 7620
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
The Sourcing Specialist, Store Design/Real Estate contributes to REI’s success by developing, identifying, and documenting sourcing responsibilities for procurement and contracts for all Store Design/Visual Merchandising, Supply Chain, Real Estate and other internal groups. Implements practices that support the department’s evolution from a purchasing and procurement functionality to a best-in-class sourcing organization. Plans and budgets for sourcing expenses and capital budgets. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Develops documentation for sourcing and contract negotiations for non-merchandise products and services including Store Design and other business categories.
- Identifies researches (through web, consultants and research organizations) and presents vendors for project consideration to business owners.
- Manages Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ) and Request for Information (RFI) processes for approved projects.
- Negotiates contracts of more than $100,000.
- Identifies and communicates key practices in regards to sourcing for non-merchandise to Purchasing Director, REI Senior Leadership and internal business partners.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ years purchasing and sourcing experience. or equivalent legal experience
- MBA or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Ability to create, analyze and negotiate contracts with minimal guidance and consultation from Legal staff.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships to maximize benefits of supplier partnerships.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer