Systems Support Technician - Bedford
Posted Date: Jun-29-2017
Job ID: 8186
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Distribution Center
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by ensuring that the following Distribution Center Equipment is maintained and repaired timely: Servers, RF and Radio Equipment, Printers, Computers, Software and Other designated devices per Distribution Center. This position will support the Company’s business initiatives and objectives by properly troubleshooting, diagnoses issues, performs and documents preventative maintenance, repairs and modifications. Maintains inventory of equipment parts, provides backup for Facilities Maintenance functions including battery changes and floor scrubbing. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission. A successful Systems Support Technician will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of DC equipment such as Handheld and Wearable RF devices, radios, scales, printers, Cubiscan Machines and other devices as assigned.
- Develops and maintains service records, including scheduled and actual maintenance; documents repair and RMA date, required repairs, parts and inventory sourcing, and cost.
- Coordinates with DC Supervisors, Systems and Technology Analysts, and Vendors for scheduling of repair and maintenance services.
- Maintains appropriate inventory and supplies; assists in purchasing; orders, stocks, and documents inventory.
- Serves as primary IT Support for the Distribution Center team.
- Will conduct basic network communication work including, running wires, make connections, DCHP, VLANS and Static IP Addressing.
- Maintain Server Room and Communications Room, keeps all associated servers, support equipment, and storage in these rooms.
- Builds relationship with the IT Infrastructure and Logistics Technology Services teams in order to maintain the best level of service within the DC.
- Maintains ongoing relationships and serves as member on various committees to represent departmental and/or overall company interests; communicates company needs and expectations internally or externally; provides review, input and recommendations as appropriate.
Bring your passion and expertise
These are the skills and level of experience we look for in our Systems Support Technicians:
- Basic understanding of Radio Frequency Technology and Devices.
- Ability to operate a personal computer using MS Office, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
- Experience managing parts inventory preferred.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Has Basic Network Communication background, and can run wires, make connections, diagnose network problems, and conduct static IP Addressing.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Basic Understanding of IT troubleshooting and Server maintenance.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer