Posted Date: Mar-13-2017
Job ID: 6464
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. We are looking for an IT Manager Digital & Marketing Systems to contributes to REI’s success by managing Digital and Marketing Engineering Teams who support Co-op wide strategy through software development and delivery. Assists business partners and IT leadership in analyzing technology needs and building software/application project plans to meet aligned business goals. Contributes to Portfolio Management which includes capital and expense management and overall project management of aligned business priorities for either the Digital or Marketing Divisions. Collaborates with enterprise and domain architects to ensure integration of organizational system roadmaps are consistently part of overall plan. Provides direction to project teams, establishes work priorities, and evaluates proposed solutions to ensure that technology contributes to achievement of business objectives. Contributes to and enforces departmental strategies, policies and standards. Ensures that team commitments are tracked, managed, and meet or exceed expectations. Establishes and enforces best practices and policies for high quality software delivery. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and experience
· 5+ years supervisory experience in the information technology field and the ability to direct technical work teams
· 5+ years experience in information technology, including leading teams in business partner planning, systems analysis, software or infrastructure engineering
· 5+ years experience in software development
· 5+ years experience planning, organizing and directing systems development projects
· Experience developing team-level plans and contributing to annual budgets
managing multiple project teams
Lead engineering teams in performance and career development
· Skills in resource management, project prioritization, problem solving, issue management and negotiation, and mediation
· Ability to manage customer and vendor relationships
· Ability to work collaboratively and across divisions
· Create and manage technical roadmaps for current area taking into account the holistic view of IT roadmaps
· Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
· Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest
· Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
· Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions
· Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results
· Builds relationship with business partners to ensure business priorities and technology solutions map to organizational strategy
· Contributes to division strategic planning, applying a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems which significantly impact the effective execution of business processes
· Oversees and coordinates the work of project managers, architects, business analysts and software engineers. Ensures software and application development adheres to enterprise architectural standards and other application development standards
· Keeps abreast of technology changes and innovations in the information technology field and specifically in the software development or infrastructure engineering field
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some pretty dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 19 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer