Treasury Analyst II
Posted Date: Sep-14-2017
Job ID: 8815
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by playing a support/lead role in managing and executing cross divisional projects, by developing, analyzing and implementing process improvements, by being a technical and financial resource to help ensure the success of and to provide guidance on, new or existing products and services, and by assisting the Senior Analyst, Treasury Manager or Sr. Manager Treasury on various operating issues in support of REI’s goals. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission. Additionally, this team member will play a key role in administering Treasury related duties on a day to day basis.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Ensures the accurate and timely settlement of all wire and ach transactions for tax & vendor related payments.
- Prepares the daily cash position, advises the Treasury Manager on short-term cash management and coordinates the daily cash flow & funding for all entities.
- Develops, manages and executes cross divisional Treasury and Finance related projects.
- Maintains and enhances cash, investment and other Treasury-related analytics.
- Develops, maintains and interprets relevant company and department policies, as appropriate.
- As subject matter expert, stays current on Treasury-related topics, communicates significant changes to relevant parties and cross-trains other employees on treasury products and services.
- Leads Treasury’s involvement in store transition process, assists Retail Operations with relocations, closures and new store deployment. Exercises discretion and judgement related to store transition processes to ensure successful & timely execution.
- Supports Treasury leadership with management of REI’s banking & investment relationships.
- Develops, maintains & interprets critical analytics related to cash flow, investments, bank fees and other Treasury-related data. Supports preparation of materials for reporting to senior REI leadership.
- Leads covenant compliance efforts related to REI’s credit facility.
- Supports the identification, evaluation, selection & implementation of Treasury products and services related contracts with our service providers.
- Leads departmental projects and resources appropriately to ensure that projects are successfully implemented while working collaboratively across the organization to ensure previously agreed upon project deliverables are met.
- Acts as a change agent by identifying and developing innovative ideas to drive revenue and reduce expense.
- Assists Senior Treasury Analyst, Treasury Manager and Sr. Treasury Manager on operating & departmental issues as well as other projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Acts as an internal consultant to analyze and develop sound technical and financial information to assist in the evaluation, including cost-benefit analysis, of projects of processes.
- 3+ years of cash management, treasury and/or finance experience
- Solid project management experience
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6.5 million actuve members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer