User Experience Designer - Digital
Posted Date: Apr-13-2017
Job ID: 7246
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
What's cool about this job
The Digital Retail User Experience Designer is responsible for supporting the UX team in improving the customer experience on REI’s digital platforms. The ideal candidate has a strong competency in using customer feedback, analytics, UX best practices, and competitive analysis to design the ultimate user experience.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3-5 years experience in a User Experience role
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and techniques
- Strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as site maps, wireframes, flow charts, personas, functional specifications, style guides and prototypes
- Strong knowledge of related disciplines such as information architecture, interaction design and brand communications
- In-depth knowledge in iOS and/or Android mobile and tablet platforms
- Design amazing products and features with the ultimate user experience
- Participate in developing and defining the user research and experience strategy for the REI’s mobile apps
- Creates and maintains user experience documentation such as competitive site analyses, scenarios, user flows, interaction notes, detailed functional wireframes and prototypes
- Works closely with Design, Development, Program Management, Marketing Research, Analytics and other teams to develop user-centered features
- Ensures maintenance of a cohesive user interface as it evolves by contributing to a style guide and/or pattern library
- Uses quantitative and qualitative data to create innovative solutions for complex spaces
- Experience planning and facilitating user research activities (interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc.)
- Collaborates with business and technology teams to design great user experiences
Why you'll love it here
a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an
outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains
of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our 5.5 million
members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves.
Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life
outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer