3rd Party Risk Analyst - Enterprise Information Security - Bellevue
Posted Date: Nov- 2-2018
Job ID: 12292
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Legal
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
As the 3rd Party Cybersecurity Risk Analyst, you will be accountable for identifying, analyzing, and monitoring information security risks for all Co-op technology vendors. You will review and assess each vendor’s information security posture, ensuring proper due diligence in selecting the 3rd party from a cybersecurity standpoint. As part of a cross-functional enterprise security risk management team, you will identify risks associated with each 3rd party and report a final risk rating to internal business and technical stakeholders. You will design and implement a system to track all 3rd party risks in a central database or risk management system, and provide recommendations to reduce risk to the business and 3rd party in a timely and actionable manner. You will identify and communicate security risks to both business and risk management audiences, and conduct annual reassessments as needed. The 3rd Party Cybersecurity Risk Analyst will work with Privacy, Compliance, Cybersecurity, Business Owners, and their IT Partners to as part of an internal service model that allows the business to track, manage, and mitigate key information security risks and maintain alignment with the Co-op’s overall cybersecurity threat management strategy. This is not an operational security role.
- Ensure third party controls meet regulatory and organization cybersecurity standards.
- Identify and track internal ownership of 3rd party cybersecurity risks.
- Track vendor security controls needed to mitigate risk and status of risk remediations and work with 3rd party or internal relationship managers to improve 3rd party controls.
- Remain informed about the latest security and technology trends to determine potential cybersecurity risks posed by utilizing various vendor services.
- Partner with Strategic Sourcing and Legal to track contracts that outline the security responsibilities for all 3rd parties.
- Work with Legal to validate security requirements outlined in vendor contracts.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of the 3rd party security posture and performance.
- Create and communicate documentation and reports that demonstrate accountability and enable continuous monitoring of 3rd party cybersecurity risks.
- Identify and track internal risk and relationship owners for all 3rd party technology vendors.
Third-Party Cybersecurity Risk Analyst must:
- Execute assigned tasks and responsibilities while ensuring timely completion and a professional work product.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently while representing the services of the department with the highest level of professionalism.
- Identify opportunities to create additional value for internal customers and partners through continuous improvement.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of applicable work experience, including 3rd party/vendor risk management and/or cybersecurity risk management or compliance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and program management skills
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer