Administrative Assistant - Asset Protection
Posted Date: Nov- 5-2018
Job ID: 12369
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing moderately complex administrative assistance for an assigned business unit to ensure that the daily and ongoing administrative tasks are accomplished in a way that supports the Co-op’s business initiatives and objectives. Responsibilities include receiving and filtering incoming inquiries, coordinating schedules and events, drafting and proofreading documents, maintaining records and data, and coordinating special projects. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Screens, directs, and responds to incoming calls, mail, e-mail, and personal inquires to prioritize and ensure appropriate level of response.
- Drafts, types, proofreads, edits, and distributes documents such as agendas, presentations, meeting minutes and correspondence to relieve workload, ensure accuracy, convey position, and present appropriate image using word processing, presentation, organization structure software.
- Gathers, compiles, tracks changes, maintains, files, backs-up, and distributes data to ensure effective cost control, and relieve work load associated with time and labor, expense reports, budgets, shared drives, supply inventory, distribution lists, or special projects using electronic files/folders, spreadsheets or manual means.
- Coordinates the scheduling of meetings, travel, conferences or other special events to relieve workload, ensure effective cost control measures, appropriate prioritization and image.
- Reviews, records and processes payment for all invoices in a timely manner.
- Maintains department SharePoint site, bulletin board, forms, and office supplies; places orders to replenish supplies as necessary.
- Manages the onboarding of new employees including ordering equipment and requesting appropriate access.
- Coordinates special projects such as office moves, administrative equipment or service evaluations, giving campaigns, locations specific safety plans, organization structure displays as necessary.
- Provides back-up support for other administrative staff due to work load, illness, vacations, lunches, or breaks.
- Maintains ongoing relationships and serves as member on various committees to represent departmental and/or overall company interests; communicates company needs and expectations internally or externally; provides review, input, and recommendations as appropriate.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years experience working in an administrative capacity.
- Ability to operate office equipment including multi-line phone , photocopier, and fax machine.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficient experience with MS Office Suite and web browsing/research.
- Ability to provide administrative support to a full department and/or multiple managers and supervisors.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Why you'll love it here
We’re a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. REI is a co-op, born in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest in 1938. We’re here to help our over 6 million active members have amazing experiences outside—and do the same ourselves. Bring your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer