Administrative Assistant, Local Brand Engagement & Events Marketing, limited term - (20 - 30 hours a week)
Posted Date: Aug- 5-2019
Job ID: 15308
Job Type: Part Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing moderately complex administrative assistance for a team within the Brand, Stewardship, and Impact Division (the Local Brand Engagement and Impact, National Events, and For All teams). This position will need to ensure that the daily and ongoing administrative tasks are accomplished in a way that supports the Company’s business initiatives and objectives and supports a team that is comprised of both field and headquarters employees. Responsibilities include financial invoicing and vendor agreement documentation; contract completion for outside agencies and contractors, receiving and filtering incoming inquiries, coordinating schedules and events, coordinating Senior Manager travel, drafting and proofreading documents, maintaining records and data, and coordinating special projects. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Screens, directs and responds to incoming calls, mail, e-mail, and personal inquires to prioritize and ensure appropriate level of response.
- Tracks incoming contracts and ensures appropriate level of seniority signature and finalization of written agreement.
- Supports team projects that involve vendor payments or contract: ensures outside agents/agencies are paid according to REI policy
- Drafts, types, proofreads, edits, and distributes documents such as agendas, presentations, meeting minutes and correspondence to relieve workload, ensure accuracy, convey position, and present appropriate image using word processing, presentation, organization structure software.
- Gathers, compiles, tracks changes, maintains, files, backs-up, and distributes data to ensure effective cost control, and relieve workload associated with time and labor, expense reports, budgets, shared drives, supply inventory, distribution lists, or special projects using electronic files/folders, spreadsheets or manual means.
- Coordinates the scheduling of meetings, travel, conferences or other special events to relieve workload, ensure effective cost control measures, appropriate prioritization and image.
- Maintains team SharePoint site, distribution of information, and meeting supplies
- Fulfills, tracks, and maintains team technology needs (i.e. hardware and systems access)
- Coordinates special projects as necessary.
- Maintains ongoing relationships and serves as member on various committees to represent departmental and/or overall company interests; communicates company needs and expectations internally or externally; provides review, input, and recommendations as appropriate.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years experience working in an administrative capacity.
- Ability to operate office equipment including multi-line phone, photocopier, and fax machine.
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Proficient experience with MS Office Suite and web browsing/research.
- Ability to provide administrative support to a full department and/or multiple managers and supervisors.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer