Administrative Supervisor, Executive Assistant
Posted Date: Jun-23-2021
Job ID: 20414
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Administrative
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
If you thrive on leading a small team of highly capable, Sr. level administrative professionals to put in place the most effective, flexible support processes that empower REI’s Customer Experience teams and leaders to succeed, the Administrative Supervisor, Executive Assistant is the perfect position for you. Join our growing Customer Experience team and be a part of the transformation to put our member at the center of our work. You will directly support our Vice President of Digital Commerce and supervise a team of Sr level Administrative Assistants to ensure the larger REI customer organization is running smoothly and adaptable to change.
- Provides administrative, project, and office technology support to divisional vice presidents, directors and managers within assigned sub-departments
- Manages calendaring functions for vice presidents, directors and managers
- Expert user in workplace productivity tools focusing on Microsoft Office products
- Plans and executes team travel, team events and meetings for sub-departments
- Prepares presentations and assists in building agendas and meeting materials
- Coordinates and supports activities such as office moves, IT support, budget reconciliation, new hire onboarding
- Ability to effectively interact and represent REI with internal and external company contacts
- Reconciles and tracks financial reports and spending
- Identifies savings opportunities and participates in budget management when appropriate
- Pursues process improvements to reduce resource time
- Troubleshoots PC/software issues and acts as liaison to the IT Department
- Provides overflow and backup support to other Administrative team members
- Executes special projects as assigned by management
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years of administrative and clerical support experience, including previous experience supporting corporate managers and/or executives.
- 2+ years leadership and supervision of direct reports preferred.
- Ability to operate office communication and support tools including collaboration platforms (e.g., MS Teams, 365 SharePoint, etc.)
- Ability to draft, proofread and edit documents for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to operate a computer using MS Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to manage an executive’s calendar and make travel arrangements.
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to use diplomacy in all forms of communication.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well to produce quality work.
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer