Posted Date: Nov-25-2019
Job ID: 16112
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
Do you think in multiple mediums at once? Can you Direct a photoshoot with one hand while kerning type with the other?
We’re searching for an experienced Art Director to help guide the Promotions lane on REI’s Brand team. Made up of equal parts designer and leader, the Art Director develops truly engaging concepts and helps guide the team toward a common goal. This role works closely with the Creative Director to define the direction and executional strategy, but brings fresh ideas and inspires others in the process. The ideal candidate will have experience with product campaigns spanning multiple mediums, and a deft hand at bringing them to life. They are vocal in concepting meetings and contribute to the creative culture.
Objectives of this Role
- Create original territories and concepts based off of strategic creative briefs
- Partner in developing and unifying the Co-op’s brand expression
- Art Direct photoshoots, including concepting, shot lists, and occasional shoe modeling
- Collaborate with marketing partners, aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time
- Present and sell ideas to co-op partners
- Recognize market trends, customer centered design, and the competitive landscape
- Ensure the final products match the creative intent, by working with production partners
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar discipline
- 8+ years as a professional graphic designer with 2+ years leading other creatives
- Proficiency with design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, and photo direction
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Have a solid knowledge of photography and video production
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer