Asset Management Analyst Intern
Posted Date: Mar-28-2019
Job ID: 13658
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
IT Asset Management (ITAM) entails collecting inventory, financial and contractual data to manage the IT Asset throughout its life cycle. ITAM depends on robust processes, with tools to automate manual processes. Capturing and integrating auto discovery/inventory, financial and contractual data in a central repository for all IT Assets enables the functions to effectively manage vendors and a software and hardware Asset portfolio from requisition through retirement, thus monitoring the Asset’s performance throughout its life cycle.
- Designs, develops, implements and documents Asset Management processes, procedures, and tools
- Identifies, organizes and maps the relationships between software, hardware, licenses, and other critical IT Assets
- Conducts requirements analysis activities to identify criteria for Assets and their relationships
- Identifies Asset types and creates new Assets as required
- Collects and interprets Asset data and works closely with external teams and vendors to ensure accuracy of the data
- Monitors ongoing processes, provides data, and communicates project status and assigned deliverables to appropriate team members/stakeholders in order to meet deadlines and maintain relationships
- Audits IT Asset Management (ITAM) database for accuracy and reconciliation of discrepancies
- Analyzes and integrates discovery tool integration with the ITAM database
- Integrates multiple vendors’ discovery data into an ITAM database
- Performs data mapping of source data into the ITAM database
- Develops processes and procedures to deploy ITAM
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership for the design and implementation of an ITAM solution
- Adheres to security guidelines and ensures compliance
- Identifies opportunities for streamlining, increasing effectiveness through continuous process improvement
- Identifies and resolves problems often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions
- Assists in other areas of the department and company as necessary
Bring your passion and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience.
- Methodical, detail-oriented and demonstrates the ability to research effectively
- Must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, word processing tools, *ServiceNow preferred but not required
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving and customer service skills
- Must possess a positive attitude, the ability to work independently, and be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Understanding of ITIL and asset management industry best practices
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal with vendors and at all organizational levels at REI
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a
collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer