Associate Creative Director, Copy
Posted Date: Jan-13-2021
Job ID: 18863
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
If you love big ideas, bringing them to life, and doing so through beautiful, compelling and straight-forward words, then we should talk. The REI Co-op is looking for an Associate Creative Director of Copy to join the co-op’s marketing team. This position is a key member of the co-op’s creative team, and will work to bring the co-op’s key narratives, campaigns and programs to life across the full expression of the business. The position will also provide mentoring and leadership to the marketing copywriting team.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, work collaboratively, and make an important and lasting impact toward the co-op’s purpose of helping people deepen their relationship with the outdoors, this is a great opportunity to join a fantastic team.
This job is on the Co-op’s Brand Lab team within the Marketing department, and reports in to the creative director. The scope of work includes leading the development and approval of project and campaign creative efforts, contributing to the management of the co-op brand through developing copy direction, managing and mentoring the marketing copy team, and collaborating across the business to ensure that the co-op’s message is coming through loud and clear to our members and customers.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years of progressive experience with demonstrated skill in taking brand strategies and business needs and delivering conceptual ideas that deliver on both, with experience in presenting, creating and delivering from initial idea down through all customer-facing expressions.
- Collaborative working style, balanced with an ability to work effectively self-directed.
- Deep thinker in how copy and tone of voice can bring an idea to life (and get noticed) out in the crazy, busy world of our members, customers, and prospective customers.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex ideas into simple, clear and resonant expressions.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in some capacity. We place the utmost importance on leading with empathy and kindness, and helping to develop and direct copywriters in their writing skills, creativity and careers.
- Proven ability to develop creative ideas that work across all customer expressions.
- Ability to present creative ideas for approval and buy-in to internal audiences in a compelling and effective way.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer