Associate Program Manager, SEO
Posted Date: Dec-19-2018
Job ID: 12930
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
As an Associate Program Manager, you’ll be responsible for the technical portion of the search engine optimization (SEO) Program within REI’s Digital division to increase organic search traffic across our websites. Independently working with software engineers within Agile Scrum and Kanban teams as well as product managers, technical producers, interaction designers, and user experience experts, your influence, guidance, and partnership will help shape the code which is used by millions of our customers and REI Co-op members. At REI, there’s no right way to do a wrong thing—we believe in “white hat” SEO principles.
- Drive organic traffic to REI’s digital properties
- Help execute the SEO Program strategic plan with leadership from the Senior Program Manager
- Monitor bots’ abilities to crawl, render and index REI’s websites
- Identify new opportunities for organic traffic growth
- Represent the team to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Work closely with software engineers and their code prior to its release
- Provide feedback, guidance, and requirements for projects across our digital properties
- Partner with several outside agencies and vendors who provide support to the SEO Program
- Help teach and train the broader organization on SEO best practices
- Build dashboards, metrics, and reports to accurately represent results
- Conduct tests and research to prove or disprove hypotheses related to technical SEO
- Proactively stay at the forefront of the SEO industry and its constant changes through personal development, networking, and training
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of experience in e-commerce or publishing or related websites
- 3+ years of experience in executing an SEO strategy at enterprise scale
- Proven track record of successful organic search optimization implementation
- SEO-related technical skills including applied knowledge of bot behavior monitoring, server log analysis, keyword research, link building, on-page optimization, modifying robots.txt files, XML Sitemaps, writing .htaccess rules, understanding rel="canonical", server- vs. client-side rendering and mobile-first development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Marketing or related field
- Background in Agile Scrum or Kanban software development principles
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in JIRA, Botify, Screaming Frog, STAT, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Confluence, Slack and BrightEdge
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Tableau or related platform
- Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities and planning well in order to produce quality work
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer