Associate Security Engineer Intern
Posted Date: Mar-28-2019
Job ID: 13656
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
The Associate Security Engineer Intern will be responsible for working with Senior Engineers and will interact with multiple areas/teams across the Co-op, implementing, presenting, trouble-shooting and monitoring security issues. They will have specific deliverables based on which areas require the most focus at the time of the internship.
- Works with Senior Security Engineer on priority projects.
- Provides analytics and reporting from tool based telemetry
- Works with Security Engineers to develop and implement security processes, procedures, and operational practices.
- Partners with engineering, program management and operations personnel within the service delivery organization to implement changes to process and technology.
- Provides data analytics and engineering guidance on tooling and data harvesting
- Analyzes threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture.
- Identifies appropriate technology/data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats.
- Ensures that operational, security incident trends and observations are considered with regard to the evolution of the Platform's information security services and capabilities.
- Helps develop communications and actively promotes related campaigns for information security awareness.
Bring your passion and expertise
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ professional experience in cloud-based or online services security engineering, or service engineering.
- 1+ years’ experience in cloud-based or online services Compliance related activity
- 1+ years’ experience in Program Management, creating a security framework, SIRRP process and forensic handling methods
- 1+ years’ experience creating a reusable security framework working with Corporate security and broader corporate programs
- Has worked or been part of an online service compliance team for more than 1+ years and has completed more than 2 annual audit cycles.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; can effectively communicate technical concepts
- 1+ years' experience in working on large-scale online cloud based services
- Experience and understanding of cyber security in one or more of the following disciplines: network engineering, Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory, public key infrastructure, web applications.
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a
collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer