Associate Video Producer, Program Specialist
Posted Date: Jan-11-2019
Job ID: 13047
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Contribute to REI’s success through the production of compelling, brand-appropriate video content that aligns our content marketing strategy to business goals, and helps establish REI as a primary information source for outdoor culture, education, news and entertainment. As Program Specialist, Video & Film, this role is accountable for managing production and creative development of serial video content and short documentaries as part of our award-winning Co-op Cinema team. That accountability includes building efficient production cycles, creating workback schedules, providing creative feedback and publishing video content. Working in conjunction with our production studio and our video program lead, collaborate with internal and external partners to identify and bring stories to life, on message, on time and on budget.
The ideal candidate will have experience executing video production against strategy, and a deep understanding of the digital video landscape. You should have the ability to build operation and workflow schedules to execute production efficiently and at scale. You should be adept at identifying narrative and creative opportunities within rough cut and fine cut review cycles to ensure final cuts deliver on the assigned concept or story, and you have experience providing that feedback to filmmakers and video production teams. You’re comfortable with a variety of formats and genres, and are comfortable within short-lead, tight-turnaround production. You pay attention to best practices in the media and creative industries and are amped for the opportunity to bring your point-of-view to REI. You love the outdoors.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of experience in video production and content management, ideally in a content marketing or branded content environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to marketing, communications or multimedia production.
- Demonstrated understanding of video best practices in video storytelling and branded content within YouTube, VOD, and social channels.
- Proven success in developing and evaluating results-oriented video production.
- Knowledge of video performance measurement and industry benchmarks across platforms, and how concept and distribution tactics impact those benchmarks.
- Experience building production work back schedules and/or working within scaled video production environments.
- Experience providing creative and editing feedback to internal and external partners.
- Working knowledge of visual asset libraries and video and image licensing standards.
- Basic understanding of content strategy methodologies to ensure content is created and structured for broad use and reuse.
- Able to execute effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Ability to edit video, as needed, within Adobe Creative Suite is not required, but strongly preferred.
- Build rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Challenge the status quo, champion change and influence others to change.
- Applied experience and participation in the outdoor activity (climb, MTB, ski, trail run, etc.) not required, but highly preferred.
Why you'll love it here
You get to blend a passion for the outdoors with your work. You like to talk gear. You like writing about it even more. You can smell a story in the air and know how to pitch it and chase it. You want to explore the story arc with creative partners. You like to work fast and move to a sprint when a reactive or late-breaking opportunity arises. You’ll sit within the broader integrated marketing team and collaborate daily with smart and energized teammates to create standout campaigns. Everyone is passionate about the work we do and the customers and Members we serve.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer