Business Systems Analyst – Payments
Posted Date: Nov-21-2018
Job ID: 12567
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Eastgate Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This Business Systems Analyst – Payments position is a critical role with accountability for Business Systems Analysis scoped to business-transformative projects and is involved with projects from inception through implementation. It is a critical role in REI’s Retail Technology team and part of REI’s Business Analyst community focusing on retail and payments domain and contributing to REI’s success by designing and developing IT systems for Enterprise Payments environment and associated environments that support it. Duties include analyzing requirements for solving highly complex business problems by interacting with business users and business product owners to understand & document requirements, data flows, process flows and to partner with them to facilitate the design of technology solutions and also process improvements where applicable.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Requirements Management: Manages the business requirements process for large, cross-divisional technology projects by facilitating, eliciting, gathering, documenting, validating, prioritizing and establishing baseline business requirements in retail and payments domain. Ensures testability / traceability of requirements, including developing the traceability matrix. Expresses business requirements using multiple techniques. Documents requirements in accordance with REI methodology. Manages changes to the requirements baseline. Provides deployment support. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Participates in peer reviews of requirements deliverables. Develop, support, and advocate for creation of business cases for payment related opportunities.
- Systems knowledge: Advanced knowledge of business functionality, interfaces, data flow, and functional architecture of systems supported. Is advanced in use of solutions supported, and has an in-depth understanding of how technologies supported work. Able to troubleshoot system problems from a functionality perspective, especially when supporting end-user testing and training.
- Work Coordination: Represents the business system owner and their divisional community for large, cross-divisional projects. Coordinates controls and communicates decisions related to the business solution. Defines business requirements and successfully completes organizational changes. Participates in large, cross-divisional project planning with the Program Manager. Understands, formulates, prioritizes and validates business requirements for use by the large, cross-divisional project. Confirms that results meet stated business requirements. Keeps stakeholders up to date on work status and project progress. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details. Work with technical team members to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation components. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans. Assist in quality assurance and defining testing strategy and risks. Provide significant contributions in the testing and debugging of new projects or enhancements to existing software. Ensure production issues are identified, tracked, prioritized, reported on and resolved in a timely manner based on severity and customer impact. Drive team towards root cause identification and resolution for production incidents. Participate in program level steering committee meetings to evaluate and provide guidance for issues, risks to ensure project deadlines and schedules are met. Drive process improvements in production support monitoring, reporting and alerting to ensure system stability and availability
- Process: Documents and analyzes existing or 'as-is' business processes. Designs new or 'to-be' business processes. Maps "as is" and "to be" business processes, understands gaps, and develops transition plans. Advances the Business analyst practice in terms of methodology, processes and procedures. Educates other business stakeholders on the project management / product development processes and their roles.
- Planning: Contributes to corporate and divisional strategic planning process by helping identify business initiatives. Identifies cross-divisional dependencies and impacts. Helps develop and maintain business initiative roadmaps. Contributes to financial and business value analysis. Helps define the total portfolio of programs and projects which support strategic plan.
- Other Duties as Assigned: May perform other 'ancillary' duties as assigned including but not limited to work such as coordination of end-user testing, troubleshooting, business consultation, training and organizational change management.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years developing real world scaled solutions with knowledge of full application development lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies; waterfall, agile and hybrid
- Experience with Payments Systems
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative to improve customer and business experience through technology
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration, facilitation and negotiation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view and recommend solutions to business problems
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
Why you'll love it here
REI Information Technology is a team of creative and smart technologists who work in a collaborative environment to build business value through technology. And, we have the support of a great company to tackle some dynamic challenges that will keep REI relevant for years to come. If you have a passion for the outdoors and want to be a part of innovating retail technology, this job is for you.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer