CBA Training Standards Coordinator - Goodyear
Posted Date: Aug-20-2018
Job ID: 11870
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center AZ
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by ensuring that REI standards are properly applied and maintained in our Central Bike Assembly (CBA) facility. Operations include building and maintaining training standards, certification and retraining for bike assembly, ensuring compliance, and acts as central contact for Direct Sales, Retail and other requirements and technical questions in the CBA. Responsibilities include maintaining successful relationships with DC Management, CBA Development Team, Bike Growth Team, Supply Chain Management in a way that supports the Company’s business initiatives and objectives.
- Serves as an example to other employees by consistently demonstrating exemplary work habits, commitment to REI’s quality standards and production process, which contribute to teamwork, productivity and efficiency.
- Develops, maintains and updates training standards required for certification of assembly staff within CBA production line so that output conforms to program standards maintained by Retail Operations.
- Maintains and trains standards that support updated bike lines or newly introduced models within CBA.
- Oversees quality audit process, planning sample size, tracking performance and outlining recommendations for process improvements where quality does not meet expectation.
- Implements conformance solutions and coordinates steps required on production line that is prescribed by Co-Op Brand and/or other cycling manufacture.Attends Product Safety Review Committee meetings as representative of CBA when required.
- Maintains parts inventory to support CBA operations and store requests.
- Provides first line technical response to questions posed by Vendor Returns, Retail Stores, and Direct Sales for all CBA models built.
- Implements, updates and trains build process solutions as recommended by CBA development and CBA management.
- Ensures safe employee operation and adequate maintenance of equipment such as tools required for assembly, testing and box bikes up are trained and operated to standards according to the DC, OSHA and WISH requirements.
Bring your passion and expertise
These are the skills and experiences we look for in our CBA Training Standards Coordinator:
- 4 years bike industry experience, preferable in manufacturing, quality assurance, and service. Excellent written, presentation and communications skills are critical.
- Working understanding of quality engineering and quality control processes and ability to analyze, identify and implement solutions within a production line.
- Ability to coordinate across many channels in addressing opportunities or implementing solutions.
- Experience in defining standards, documenting process and supporting process improvement within a production led environment.
- Organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer