Contact Center Manager, Customer Service & Support
Posted Date: Jul- 2-2021
Job ID: 20480
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
Store: Sales & Customer Support
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading our customer service, support and escalation teams to deliver on our service philosophy: providing outstanding service to our members and customers, connecting, engaging and resolving customer problems, enabling life changing outdoor experiences and creating members for life. You will be responsible for managing a team of supervisors focused on building customer relationships, issue resolution, de-escalation and providing first contact resolution that meets our designated quality standards. Provides strong leadership and builds cohesive teams within the division and cross-divisionally to carry out strategic objectives, identifies and eliminates upstream impacts to the customer experience and drives process improvement. Communicates expectations and goals to staff and other divisions; creates and implements plans to achieve these goals. Fosters a working environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation to support a rapidly changing omni-channel business. Oversees daily operation of Sales and Customer Support to ensure all service level goals and operational efficiencies are achieved for all channels of customer contact. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Leading the Way
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Planning & Navigating
- Committed to delivering the highest possible customer service across all channels, developing customer service strategies, defining and achieving customer service standards/performance measurements.
- Proactively build relationships and engage across the organization to increase understanding of customer needs, product functionality, and organizational capabilities and drive the issue resolution process and customer success outcomes.
- Act as the voice of the customer on key cross functional projects to ensure the appropriate member/customer experience.
- Identifies, coordinates and implements new processes and tools to improve contact center efficiency, increase customer satisfaction and drive retention.
- Make data driven decisions using workflow analysis and business insight to drive continuous improvement within Customer Service & Support.
- Define department initiatives, achieve expense targets and operational performance metrics.
- Participates in budgeting, forecasting and planning process to ensure accuracy and maintain service level goals.
- Coordinates peak season planning with Sales and Operations Managers to ensure operational efficiency and customer experience.
- Partners with Talent Enablement Manager to identify training and development needs to implement new programs, improve customer experience and service performance outcomes.
- Recruits, hires, and retains top-quality talent to build bench strength and focus on continuous growth and development opportunities within the team.
- Develops industry expertise by understanding trends and developing strategies to improve contact center and multi-channel operations.
- Demonstrates passion and commitment to the outdoors and extending REI’s knowledge and expertise to inspire our employees and customers.
- Analyzes and synthesizes reporting and metrics to effectively guide operations and communicate with direct reports, peers and executive leadership.
- Manages internal and external service delivery partners.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ year’s management experience and/or contact center leadership in a multi-channel retail sales environment with a strong mission and customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and engage remote teams to effectively achieve results.
- Working knowledge and understanding of common contact center tools and platforms including but not limited to customer service/engagement tools, workforce management, quality management tools, order management systems, CRM, and Knowledge Management systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage time, ambiguity, and prioritize work and strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Comfortable working independently and able to collaborate with others. Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals. Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Acts as an advocate for the customer ensuring all new project/program capabilities enhance the customer experience. Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Approaches projects and potential obstacles with an entrepreneurial mindset, and ability to lead teams/work forward.
- Leads by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning to produce quality work.
- Uses resources efficiently, meets deadlines, and keeps others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Recruits, hires, and retains top-quality talent to build bench strength and is continuously improving team’s development.
- Epitomizes and champions a positive approach to change, growth, learning and development.
- Possesses strong analytical skills with experience developing financial plans, expense budgets and business cases.
- Understanding of the REI brand and the outdoor specialty retail business preferred.
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer