Contact Center Sales & Experience Manager
Posted Date: Dec-30-2019
Job ID: 16458
Job Type: Full Time
Store: Sales & Customer Support
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing leadership and direction, overseeing the sales, product and experience teams to support REI’s business strategy, creating a legendary experience for our members and customers by enabling life changing outdoor experiences, driving customer loyalty and retention. The Sales & Experience Manager leads a team of supervisors focused on providing authentic personalized experiences that build customer confidence, drive engagement across channels and deliver exceptional experiences for our members and customers. Provides strong leadership and builds cohesive teams within the division and cross-divisionally to carry out strategic objectives and identify opportunities for us to create on-ramps for customers to explore REI product, Adventures, apps and outdoor programs. Clearly articulates goals, objectives and expectations to internal and cross-divisional teams and develops and implement plans to achieve these goals. Fosters a working environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation to support a rapidly changing omni-channel business. Oversees daily contact center operations to ensure all service level goals and operational efficiencies are achieved for all channels of customer contact. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
- Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
- Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
- Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
- Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
- Defines and develops the ongoing strategy around product and experience expertise to elevate the customer experience, outfit customers for their outdoor adventures, build customer confidence and loyalty and drive retention.
- Leads ongoing business development strategy for our Corporate and Group Sales team (B2B). Driving sales, innovation and new partnerships.
- Drives operational performance and delivers results in key areas including sales, conversion, membership and customer experience metrics.
- Proactively builds relationships and engage across the organization to increase understanding of customer needs, product functionality, and organizational capabilities to drive the customer experience and success outcomes.
- Identifies, coordinates and implements new processes and tools to improve call center efficiencies, increase customer satisfaction and drive retention.
- Makes data driven decisions using workflow analysis and business insight to drive continuous improvement within Sales & Customer Support.
- Defines department initiatives to achieve customer expectations, sales & expense targets and operational performance metrics.
- Participates in budgeting, forecasting and planning process to ensure accuracy and maintain service level goals.
- Collaborates with Operations and Service/Support Managers for peak season planning to ensure operational efficiency and optimal customer experience.
- Develops industry expertise by understanding trends and developing strategies to improve contact center and multi-channel operations.
- Demonstrates passion and commitment to the outdoors and extending REI’s knowledge and expertise to inspire our employees and customers.
- Analyzes and synthesizes reporting and metrics to effectively make decisions, provide ongoing recommendation and lead changes within the organization.
- Manages internal and external service delivery partners.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5+ year’s management experience and/or contact center leadership in multi-channel retail sales environment with strong mission and customer service focus.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and the ability to balance big picture strategy, planning and downstream execution.
- Actively participates, collaborates, influences and leads with others on one's own team and cross-divisionally for the achievement of business goals.
- Executes multiple demands effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with uncertainty – persistent in producing outcomes when details are in flux and deals with problems that don’t have a clear solution.
- Approaches projects and potential obstacles with an entrepreneurial mind, and ability to lead teams/work forward.
- Possesses strong analytical skills with experience developing financial plans, expense budgets and business cases
- Understanding of the REI brand and the outdoor specialty retail business
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships within and outside of the organization from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
- Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall company's best interest.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
- Fosters change in company direction.
- Effectively plans and executes changes.
- Highly organized, delivers on commitments and holds others to same standard.
- Demonstrates excellence in both written and verbal communication with strong presentation and persuasive speaking skills.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer