Core Platform DevOps Software Engineer Intern
Posted Date: Jan-20-2021
Job ID: 19048
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is looking for a Core Platform DevOps Software Engineering Intern to contribute to REI’s success by helping automate our AWS foundational Cloud practice, build out CICD pipelines for DevTeams and help in our new API Management platform where we are creating a common platform to help connect in more real time with our customers.
Throughout the course of your internship experience, you will work alongside a supportive team that will help you elevate and grow in a fun, high-energy environment. We view the intern role as an equal opportunity to learn from the intern we will bring on. We know you will have great ideas and we want to give you a platform to share and apply those ideas.
Under the supervision of your Manager and an Engineering lead in the team, you will gain insights into the key functions of your team as it relates to REI’s broader strategy and vision.
Examples of our Intern projects may include:
- AWS Cloud automation and tuning:
- We will ramp you into the exciting world of AWS. We will also provide you insight into the industry leading tooling we use to help protect REI services in AWS. This project would be to help us inject automated remediation steps for sub-standard CloudSec practices.. This would also include scripting alerting for certain Security conditions.
- Onboarding teams to Continuous Delivery tooling
- As part of modern software delivery practices, Dev teams are increasingly leveraging automation for delivery of their code and binaries. We will give you an opportunity to onboard a team(s) to our Continuous Delivery (CD) platform.. This will give you great immersion into pipeline triggers, test automation, infrastructure pipelines and much more.
- We are building out one of the industry leading API Management platforms (Apigee) for use within REI.. The value this brings is tremendous as it offers the ability for our mobile and 3rd party apps to gain access via RestAPI endpoints to our key data. These APIs are used to then trigger real time marketing engagements to our customers. In this project you will support the needs of the Apigee platform build out, inclusive of CICD tooling, Developer Portal build out and test automation practices.
REI Introduction and Exposure to:
- Seattle Area
- Challenging and relevant project assignments
- Leadership team members
- Cross-divisional intern activities
Bring your passion and expertise
Job functions include:
- Coding and a passion for automating ‘all the things’
- Analysis of opportunity from cost, service and capacity perspectives
- Recommendation for changes, if applicable
- Quantify impact of opportunities
Qualifications and expectations:
- Currently majoring in CS or CSE undergrad
- Candidates should have a strong aptitude in analytics and problem solving.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer