Posted Date: Mar-16-2021
Job ID: 19462
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Creative Director contributes to the co-op’s success by leading the creative vision and team for a specific segment of the business or scope of work. The Creative Director develops differentiated, strategic and compelling creative solutions that deliver on brand, strategic and business goals across all customer touch points.
The Creative Director represents the creative and marketing division and its business requirements with cross divisional partners. In addition, the Creative Director has an important role as an active participant for the broader creative community at the co-op.
- Contributes to the development of the 1 year marketing/brand division communications strategy and goals.
- Lead a team of designers, art directors, and writers, attracting and retaining top-tier talent.
- Develops creative direction for all brand and marketing expressions.
- Ensures consistent execution of brand strategy and positioning for all company brands.
- Builds relationships and manage outside agencies to ensure work supports REI brand standards and achieves goals.
- Stays current with the competitive landscape, emerging trends, customer behavior.
- Generates new ideas and innovation for: creative execution, customer experience, marketing strategy, work process and execution.
- Fosters a culture of creativity, excellence, accountability and results.
- Collaborates with retail, ecommerce, merchandising and private brands to execute creative strategies.
- Responsible for monitoring and attaining the annual expense budget and goals.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 10-12 years of Creative design & copywriting, concept-development and creative team leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Background focused in art design and photography direction.
- Understanding / ability to speak to multiple channels; social media, advertising, direct, digital, film/ video, virtual reality.
- Adobe creative suite, emerging design technology.
- Experience in both digital and traditional channels, including development and production.
- Significant leadership and Influence at both a senior leadership level and throughout the company.
- Cultural fluency in terms of trend awareness, design drivers and overall social themes.
- Awareness and understanding of outdoor culture.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer