Posted Date: Mar-18-2019
Job ID: 13623
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
Love the outdoors? Want to start your career at a place where what you do actually matters? If so, we have the perfect internship for you! REI is hiring for internships within our marketing & creative team. If you’re a collaborative, talented, creative thinker who values the way you work almost as much as delivering amazing results, we’d love to talk to you.
Bring your passion and expertise
- The team will be given a real project focused on one of REI’s core values. They will own it from concept to execution working closely with our creative team.
- As an intern, you will get hands-on experience by supporting our senior creatives on everything from our Brand Campaign to REI Experiences.
- Learn why a life outdoors is a life well lived. There will be plenty of opportunities throughout the summer to get outside and enjoy the long days and amazing weather for inspiration.
- Current student or recent graduate with a focus in copywriting, art direction, design or visual communication
- Portfolio demonstrating strategic thinking and skills across print, digital & social platforms. (Portfolio required).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Impeccable communication skills
- Excitement for doing amazing creative work
- Collaborative team player
- Expert in Adobe CS programs (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; After Effects is a bonus!)
- Passion for the Outdoors
Why you'll love it here
The REI Co-op is a specialty outdoor retailer, headquartered near Seattle. The nation’s largest consumer co-op, REI is a growing community of more than 17 million members who expect and love the best quality gear, inspiring expert classes and trips, and outstanding customer service. Since its founding in 1938, REI has worked to awaken a lifelong love for the outdoors, for all, through sustainable growth and reinvestment into the communities it serves. In 2017, nearly 70 percent of its profits went right back to the outdoor community, supporting employee retirement, helping fund trail work, returning dividends to its members and supporting nonprofits that get people into the outdoors.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer