Customer Insights Analyst
Posted Date: Aug-26-2020
Job ID: 18022
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Greater Seattle Area
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
As a Customer Insights Analyst at REI, you will have the opportunity for a crash-course in Retail and Retail Analytics. You will be joining an organization committed to a life outdoors at a time of profound industry and societal transformation. You will partner with decision makers across the Co-op to identify critical insights and recommend customer-first solutions to real problems.
This role sits on an enterprise services organization and you will partner closely with analysts and key subject matter experts across the Co-op. You should have excellent technical skills and a desire to bring data to life. This position plays a critical role in ensuring we understand our customers' evolving expectations and behaviors.
- Weaves a coherent customer narrative across multiple sales channels and data sources, using analyses to make recommendations for improvements to product, pricing, and operations based on findings
- Presents findings and visualize data to a wide range of stakeholders. Partner with internal teams to address complex business questions and provide insightful analysis through strong storytelling capabilities to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Designs and builds interactive dashboards and reporting to transform how REI understands and accesses insights
- Extracts data from various sources and builds performant datasets
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years experience in analytics, preferably with a multi-channel retailer
- Excellent understanding of concepts, functionality, and advanced application of Tableau
- Advanced SQL skills including the ability to explore and understand large transactional datasets, join disparate data sources into efficient, curated datasets, build and codify complex business logic into analysis attributes. Assessment will be required.
- Ability to independently set project goals, establish priorities, and planning appropriately to meet and exceed expectations
- Previous work experience accessing and exploring large transactional datasets
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, economics, business, or math
- Experienced in data visualization with a passion for building and refining dashboards
- Dedication to quality and accuracy worthy of executive and board level audiences
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer