Customer Lifecycle Marketing Specialist
Posted Date: Aug- 7-2019
Job ID: 15249
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
Pair your passion for the customer with our commitment to the outdoors. We are hiring a customer lifecycle specialist who can help drive the implementation of our Lifecycle campaigns. This position supports initiatives across customer acquisition, on-boarding, retention, and offer strategy, engaging with customers in each key stage of their co-op journey.
Customer lifecycle acts with a start-up mentality within an 80+ year old organization. We put the customer at the center to pave the way for new programs, processes and high-quality initiatives that deepen customer engagement. Our multi-channel programs drive traffic, conversion, and sales throughout the year, increase member acquisition and retention; and maintain the connection between REI and its members and customers.
You’ll partner with customer lifecycle, analytics, direct marketing, integration, and creative teams to utilize a combination of project management, creative direction, and data to deliver on programs that support the co-op’s greater goals. There’s opportunity for growth and we are seeking someone special who has the desire to grow with the REI family.
- Contribute to acquisition, onboarding and retention strategy development in partnership with Customer Lifecycle Manager and Program Managers
- Orchestrate and assist in executing program plans throughout cross-divisional planning, execution, and recap phases, including ROI analysis where applicable
- Write business and creative briefs, shepherding the creative development process for program deliverables
- Develop and manage analytics and reporting of key success metrics and performance data
- Work collaboratively with REI internal stakeholders and teams to share knowledge, drive alignment, and oversee deliverables
- Aid in budget management, working with Manager to ensure programs are delivered on strategy, on time and on budget
- Maintains a holistic calendar of offers within the marketplace for REI
- Assist in improving and documenting key processes and program results
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2+ years’ experience in business marketing, lifecycle or relevant field
- Demonstrates understanding of consumer mindset and applying insights to daily work
- Experience and proven ability to blend analytical and creative thinking
- Desire to dive deeper into the numbers to identify trends, evaluate effectiveness, and recommend course of action
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking and sound judgment to solve problems or pursuit business opportunities
- Consolidates information and feedback from various sources reach decisions
- Works smart by setting effective goals, establishing priorities and planning to produce quality work
- Challenges the status quo champions change and influences others
- Has solid marketing business acumen
- Ability to effectively plan and execute marketing programs
- Budget tracking experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office business applications required
- Modals and acts in accordance with The Co-op Way
- Bachelor Degree in Business Marketing or relevant field (preferred)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer