Customer Portfolio Manager
Posted Date: Oct- 2-2019
Job ID: 15531
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
At REI, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. When you choose to work at REI, you’re taking a unique path. If you want to leverage your expertise and enthusiasm to contribute to helping get people outdoors and giving back to the outdoor community, there’s no better place to be!
As the Customer Portfolio Manager, you’ll lean on your business savvy skills and project leadership experience to lead cross-divisional stakeholders to successful outcomes of overarching co-op strategic initiatives. You’ll bring to the table an entrepreneurial mind, a resourcefulness, and innovative thinking to manage through ambiguity, and find problem solving solutions that ultimately drive results and accountability.
If you’re excited to lead and contribute to the co-op’s goals in a meaningful way with a high level of autonomy and an opportunity to help shape a newly formed team then come join us!
- Provides end to end project leadership and management for a portfolio of high priority, business critical initiatives ($500K +) in support of the CCO
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation of all initiatives (charter development, vendor management, project schedules, communication plans, steering committee governance, budget tracking, project close-out etc)
- Identifies and tracks all issues and communicates all project risks, with an accompanied mitigation plan and steps needed for responsible resources (project team members)
- Ensures smooth transition of completed projects into operations, including coordinating with all key project stakeholders to ensure appropriate training and support
- Effectively builds consensus with senior leaders, key stakeholders, and project team members
- Ability to be professionally assertive in order to influence outcomes, advocate for projects, and ensure accountability
- Maintains a depth of knowledge of the Co-op strategic initiatives (growth agenda), health of the business, and competitive trends to help drive strategy and actions
- Leads and/or contributes to continuous business process improvement efforts to reduce waste and help streamline and standardize how we approach and accomplish work
Bring your passion and expertise
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience as a Project/Account Manager or related role, managing large business critical initiatives working across multiple stakeholders including c-suite senior leaders
- Highly organized, delivers on commitments and holds others to same
- Inherently approaches project obstacles with an entrepreneurial mind, and ability to lead teams/work forward
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and proven ability to straddle big picture strategy and downstream tactics
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships within and outside of the organization from individual contributors to senior leadership
- Skilled and fluent across print, digital, and web environments
- Demonstrates excellence in both written and verbal communications
- Strong presentation and persuasive speaking skills
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with uncertainty – persistent in producing outcomes when details are in flux and deals with problems that don’t have a clear solution
- Actively participates, collaborates, influences and leads with others on one's own team and cross-divisionally for the achievement of business goals
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Executes multiple demands effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer