Customer Service Representative - REI Adventures
Posted Date: Mar- 8-2019
Job ID: 13737
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Travel & Adventure
Store: Kent Headquarters
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by handling customer service needs for REI Adventures’ travelers once they have signed up for a trip. Acts as a preliminary point of contact for customers on trips with the ultimate goal of developing a breakthrough customer service relationship with our customers. Ensures customer needs are met in a timely manner. Additionally, this role will support various office related responsibilities, special projects and backup coverage. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Proactively reaches out to customers to ensure they have all of their needs met; appropriately escalate customer questions and concerns to team members.
- Answers customer questions and concerns via the Trip Specialist generic inbox.
- Ensures all client information is entered in reservation/operating system.
- Contacts and follows up with all travelers to collect all missing and/or incomplete trip forms, additional trip specific requirements (e.g. bike sizes, rental gear needs, air itinerary, etc.), and to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Ensures all traveler trip payments and completed forms/documents are received within established guidelines.
- Monitors trip-related information on our website to ensure accuracy and follows procedures necessary for updates.
- Provide additional support to department and customers as needed or assigned (e.g. phone/live chat support, fulfillment duties, special projects, etc).
Bring your passion and expertise
- 3+ years of experience with MS Office Suite and Web browsing/research.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment - managing and meeting multiple, simultaneous deadlines by effectively setting priorities.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness.
- 2 years of experience in the travel industry.
- 2 years experience in customer service skills
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer