Customer Service Specialist - North Bethesda
Posted Date: Aug-12-2018
Job ID: 11853
Job Function: Retail Operations
Store: North Bethesda
What's cool about this job
The Operations Specialist is responsible for keeping merchandise stocked, organized, and available on the sales floor. This job contributes to REI’s success by ensuring merchandise is accurately priced and available to customers on the sales floor and back stock is organized in the warehouse. May perform duties such as cleaning and maintaining the REI facility. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
Responsibilities will include some or all of the following:
- Helps unload and distribute merchandise from replenishment shipments.
- Prices, organizes, hangs, or distributes merchandise according to stated REI stocking policies and procedures.
- Organizes the sales floor to create a pleasant and safe shopping environment
- Organizes and maintains store warehouse, supplies and fixtures according to management direction.
- Follows Asset Protection guidelines as directed by store management including EAS tagging, proper trash/recycling removal, and price auditing.
- Assists with sale preparation and helps process damaged or returned merchandise as requested.
- Provides maintenance services to all areas of the store.
- Help maintain the building and property.
- Ensure all store systems and features are functional and maintained in accordance to REI processes.
Why you'll love it here
Real. Alive. Connected. These are a few words that describe life at REI. Whether it’s in our careers or in the great outdoors, we aspire to adventure in all ways! At REI we value our customers; we work hard to earn our reputation for quality and integrity every day. Our commitment remains the same as when we started out in 1938: to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure. Join a passionate community of people who believe in one simple truth: an outdoor life is a life well-lived. Get ready to harness your creativity, customer focus and enthusiasm for living life outdoors—we can’t wait to meet you!
Oh yeah, did we mention perks? At REI, we understand that benefits matter – we offer a competitive benefit package for all employees which includes:
- A workplace built on respect, integrity, and balance
- Healthcare coverage for full-time employees
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- REI Retirement Plan
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 20 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 140 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 12,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer