Database/Middleware Engineer Intern
Posted Date: Nov- 5-2019
Job ID: 16075
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Internship
What's cool about this job
As the Database/Middleware Engineer you’ll be inserted into the middle of the development and operational world. Given the opportunity to get the best of both worlds, work closely with software developers and infrastructure engineers. You’ll be challenged to improve the way we operate, and how we can do things better and faster. You’ll be part of a nimble, high functioning team working on an important project that directly impacts our ability to deliver goods to our members.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, and documents applications systems, working on routine to moderately complex work tasks or project assignments of limited scope.
- Coordinates implementation of new systems or installation of database products with other engineers and vendors.
- Diagnoses and resolves database problems using vendor and self-developed tools working with other engineers.
- May be assigned to small to medium-sized projects or a phase of a larger project.
- Performs systems analysis and requirements gathering for moderately complex IT and business problems and systems.
Bring your passion and expertise
Job Functions include:
- Majoring in computer science or related field.
- Working knowledge in Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of SQL querying.
- Self-motivated and driven to better processes and increase velocity.
- Quick and self-directed learner.
- Proficiency in creating and executing implementation strategies of the most complex systems.
- Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer