Posted Date: Apr- 1-2019
Job ID: 13183
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue, Spring 2020!
What's cool about this job
REI Co-op’s goal is to lower the barrier to the outdoors by making an outdoor lifestyle relatable, accessible and meaningful to all people, not just those who are already living it. Designers at REI help us achieve this goal by creating imaginative, strategic and culturally relevant design that push our business and brand forward.
With direction from design managers, a Designer at REI uses their skills to create original graphics and visual systems that reflect the core design ethos of our brands. This designer should have experience translating concepts into visual languages that includes illustration, typography, photography and voice. They are comfortable expressing their ideas visually and verbally and are energized by collaboration. Designers at REI help set the foundation for visual systems across multiple channels and should have knowledge of digital, print and animation design processes.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 2-4 years’ experience as a designer in an agency, studio or internal creative department
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Design chops and demonstrated sense of style and smarts
- Culturally curious and fluent in cultural and design trends
- Motion design and storyboarding experience. After Effects skills a plus
- Advanced skills in current Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Sketch/Framer preferred
- Digital design and digital production experience preferred
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and employ technical skills and knowledge to check for accuracy and consistency in layout and text formatting
- Ability to organize, multitask and prepare accurate files
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that has been recognized on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list since the award's inception – 22 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 150 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 13,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer